BOOK YOUR ARRIVAL+
You will be notified by your Supervisor/Manager when your employment will commence. You are required to make your own way to the Mt Buller Village and can arrive up to 48 hours prior to your ‘Actual Start Date’, or if not yet specified, your ‘Anticipated Commencement Date’.
Please enter the following information here, to book your arrival:
• Date of Birth
• Estimated Date & Time of arrival (must be between 8:30am-5:00pm)
• Method of transport into the village
• Upload a current picture of yourself
Please ensure you book your arrival at least 1 week prior.
Please ensure that you have filled out the COVID-19 Health Questionnaire prior to your arrival, this is VERY Important. Check your emails inbox ( and the spam/junk folders).
Please read the below information (‘Getting Here’) about transportation options to the village prior to booking your arrival.
All arrivals must make their own way to Staff Services on Level 3 of the Bernd Greber Building (Ski School) to check in, unless otherwise arranged with your department. Check in at Staff Services MUST be between 8:30am and 5:00pm.
A number of coach services operate to and from Mt Buller during the snow season. A quick snapshot of these services can be found by clicking here, and further information about travel to Mt Buller can be found on our website, here.
• VLine/MMBL – Take a VLine coach from Southern Cross Station (departing 8:30am) to Mansfield and from there take the Mansfield Mt Buller Bus Lines (MMBL) service to the Mt Buller Village.
• Extragreen Holidays coach – the only travel agency that brings you directly to the Mt Buller Village from Melbourne (more information in above link)
• MMBL – Pick up locations in Mansfield or Mirimbah and direct transfer to the Mt Buller Village, including your luggage
• BSL Staff Bus – Pick up locations in Mansfield or Mirimbah and direct transfer to the Mt Buller Village, the schedule will be updated can be found in ‘Living & Working at Mt Buller’
•BullerBus – affordable transfers between Mt Buller and Tullamarine Airport / Melbourne CBD. One to two services run per day that can be booked online in advance. Enter the code ‘BS’ for 20% discount on express tickets when booking! More details and where to book here.
If you drive, there is free parking for team members available at the Mirimbah staff car park (vehicles without special permits are not allowed to park at the resort). If parking here, upon arrival at Mt Buller you are required to register your vehicle at the gate and be issued with a staff pass that must be displayed on your dashboard.
Team members who are arriving prior to the opening of Mirimbah resort entry (tentatively Friday, 7th June) or have parked their vehicle prior to opening are required to visit the Resort Management Board (RMB) to register their vehicle. The RMB offices are located in Alpine Central in the Mt Buller Village.
If you have never parked in these car parks before, please ask the staff at the gate for directions when receiving your dashboard pass.
Team members committing to the full season and unlimited availability will be offered the opportunity to live in staff accommodation. Upon check-in at Staff Services, you will be advised where you have been allocated to stay and any special transportation that may be available to your room location.
Team members are not permitted to enter staff accommodation more than 48 Hours prior to their actual start date.
• The majority of staff accommodation provided by BSL is based on communal living arrangements. As such, you may be required to share with up to 3 other BSL team members in dorm style accommodation.
• Rooms are in various locations both on and off the mountain. Any preference for location will be considered but cannot be guaranteed.
• Most facilities are self-catered although there are limited rooms in catered accommodation. Special dietary requirements (other than vegetarian) cannot be catered for in staff accommodation.
• All team members must check in to accommodation at the Staff Services Office between the hours of 8:30am-5:00opm.
• Check-in outside of designated hours will not be allowed.
• A uniform and accommodation bond of $180 will be deducted from the first two pay periods after commencement as a security deposit from all team members.
• To receive the bond back at the end of the season, team members must leave their rooms clean and with no damage, return their uniforms, and check out at the Staff Services Office.
The cost of rent varies depending on the location of your accommodation.
• Rent is deducted weekly (after tax) from your nominated Australian bank account.
• Rent is a flat fee per week regardless of if you choose to stay every night or limited nights. There is no pro-rata/nightly payment option apart from the week you initially check-in and check out.
• If team members are offered less than 15 hours in any one week, accommodation charges will be discounted proportionately to reflect the rostered hours worked.
What to Bring
• Towels, personal general toiletry items.
Supplied by BSL
• Linens, doona, pillow
• Crockery (in self catered)